Sunday, April 10, 2005

Alton Tower

28th March 2005, Alton Tower

What a journey! In total 6 hours back and forth to Alton Tower. It's slightly further than Brimingham up in the North. Alton Tower is like a mini Disneyland. In fact is not so fanciful and colourful as compared to Disneyland. So far Disneyland is still the top of the list for me. Actually Dreamland in Brisbane is not too bad. Thinking back, Alton Tower is really the simplest carnival that I have been. There were about 40 to 50 of us from the Church. We are practicing Friendship Evengelism in the Church now and this is just one of the activities that I have been to. This was really a blessing, someone paid for me to go, hence I took up the offer.

There were many terror rides and at first I was really really afraid. As some of you may know that I am actually afraid of heights. However, there was a special someone in my life that have helped me in the process of getting over the fear of heights. Yet, I was still not confident about it. For the first few hours in the park I was really afraid of giving any rides a go. Thank God I had friends with me to keep me company and we started off going for the simple rides.

It was a "peaceful" one actually. Until we came to this ride called "The Air". I thought it was quite a unique ride. Instead of sitting down vertically, you are being hoist in a horizontal position as though you are lying down. Instead of your feet facing the ground the face actually faces the ground. I was so so afraid while waiting in the queue. I was having cold hands, feet and was pracitcally shivering. Anyway, it was time for action and I tell you ... it sure felt like flying and it happened so fast that there was no time to think about when this was going to stop. I really had a great time, the ride was thrilling.

Church friends laughed at me, as they saw how horrified I was before the ride. I was like a lost cat before the ride. Meow meow... if you guys have watched Shrek2 ... then you would have seen the puss in the boots. Hmmm... I was like that plus shivering also. Since I have been warmed up, I was challenged to go for another thrilling ride. To avoid queueing up for hours, we have decided to go to the single rider queue, this means I will not be able to sit with my friends and to fill up the empty seats if there is any. It was quite scary as I was with my friends earlire on, this time I have to do it on my own... yucks.

OK brave myself and went for it! It was awesome. Quite fun actually. To me this was an achievement really. I would have never been able to do it 2 years back. In the end, I really had a great time in the park... it came as a surprise actually. I didnt expect to on any rides to begin with. Then again, it was a trip that someone has blessed me with. So I thank God for it and I have managed to meet alot of people and really really so blessed. I pray that God will bless them in return in ways that money cannot buy.

Till today, my trip in the UK has been a humbling one. The past has a reason, but God is more interested in my future and the things that HE has for me NOW. The time is NOW! I want to embrace everything that the Lord has for me and I do not want to miss anything. God is just so amazing, I declare that His ways are higher than my ways and HIS thoughts are higher than my thoughts. I choose to praise HIM and know that HE will provide for His children. Living by faith is evident here, there is no turning back. Stay blessed.